Show your own father how much he's loved as a Dad (and Grandad) with these ideas for quality family time:
- The Family Tree Maker is a fun way to help Dads chart their lineage and patriarchal legacy. Have your own kids help Grandpa work on a project in this bestselling software program for double the fun and family education.
- Brainiac is a fabulous trivia book to keep family fun sustained for days. Compiled by famous Jeopardy! winner Ken Jennings.
- Scene It Sports Edition is great for the armchair quarterback and the family alike. This popular TV board game goes game day with an accompanying DVD by ESPN.
- Little Big Book for Grandfathers, from the same authors as the Little Big Book for Dads, is a beautiful vintage-y illustrated tome, with excerpts from famous writers like Langston Hughes, Shel Silverstein, William Wordsworth, and more.
- For Dads who are far away, stay connected by sending him a Skype Headset and Microphone care package. Skype is a free VOIP (voice over Internet) phone and chat software program, downloadable at no cost via their website www.skype.com. A perfectly affordable way to stay in touch with family around the world.
So whether it's a new Dad or a Grandad, make this Father's Day one to remember with a thoughtful gift. Have kids pitch in with a finishing touch: wrap the gift in plain paper and then let them add their own acrylic paint handprints or original art and special words.
Do you have a favorite Father's Day gift from years past? Share your comments with the Care.com community!