Last but certainly not least – our final tip in our Top Tips Series!
This month we want to focus on your safety. Whether you’re looking for a job or interviewing, we're here to help you make safer decisions – every step of the way. Here are a few precautions that you can take on your own to help make sure that you, your bank account and your identity aren't vulnerable.
- Don't accept money from or send money to anyone you haven't worked for or met in person
- Take advantage of Care.com's monitored messaging system
- Don’t provide your social security number, credit card, bank account, or other personal information (such as your home address) unless you are positive it's a secure transaction
- Ask to conduct a phone interview first
- Interview with potential employers in a public place
- Perform online & third-party checks
- Ask detailed questions of the family during your interview
- Always trust your instincts!
And don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns, or with reports of suspicious activity within the Care.com community.
For more on how to keep yourself safe, check out our Safety Center where you’ll find articles, tips and guides to help you make safer decisions throughout your job search. Happy job searching!