The holidays are here! Well, at least one of our favorite holidays at Care.com: National Nanny Recognition Week. Our nannies mean so much to us and one week seems like such a short time to tell them how much we appreciate all they do for us. We asked members of our Care.com family to share all the reasons they love their nannies.
For all the scrapes they bandage, the lunches they make, the lessons they teach, the park trips they embark on, the games they play, the hours they rock, the noses they wipe, the diapers they change, the stories they read, the tears they wipe away and the pure delight they bring to our children, our nannies are invaluable parts of our families. What would we do without them?
In honor of National Nanny Recognition Week, here are some of the many, many reasons Care.com employees love their nannies.
- "She possesses all of the qualities I don’t -- she’s artistic and easy-going, to name a few, and it’s great to see my kids learn that people are all wonderful in different ways." ~ Jenessa F., brand team
- "She clearly cares about my son and she is willing to be flexible when our needs change." ~ Rob C., product team
- "She keeps on playing games with my son for hours without losing her enthusiasm -- which I definitely would!" ~ Julia B., content team
- "My children love her mucho (she speaks to them in Spanish), and without her I wouldn’t be able to go to work, feeling confident that all is well at home." ~ Carrie C., merchandising and partnerships team
- "On her first day of work she brought me flowers. I had been certain that she would take great care of my kids, but with this gesture she made me feel cared for, too." ~ Mate C., finance team
- "She comes to work with a smile on her face and a positive attitude every morning." ~ Leslie F., marketing and business development team
- "She sends me cute pics and videos of my baby throughout the day and gets us super-organized on Mondays to tackle the week." ~ Uma P., product team
- "She makes extras of the foods I like to eat." ~ Melanie G., legal team
- "I love my nanny because she makes breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I never have to cook again!" ~ Caroline S., marketing team
- "She keeps me updated on the little things throughout the day -- which is a big thing for a working mom." ~ Kristin R., product team
- "She is one of the most compassionate people that I’ve met and she treats my kids like cherished members of her family -- she is always there for my family and I will always be there for her." ~ Donna L., operations team and co-founder
- “She cares for the most important thing to me, as if he were her own - which allows me leave her in charge while I'm working with complete peace of mind.” ~ Victoria K., brand team
So thank you to every nanny out there -- for everything you do! And for families reading this, make sure you give a huge thanks to that very special nanny in your life. Check out the 52 Ways to Thank Your Nanny.
What are some of the reasons you love your nanny? Share them in the comments section below.